Dubai, UAE: Dr Praet offers comprehensive and state-of-the-art sports rehabilitation and exercise medicine services for all levels and all age categories to keep you active or regain your fitness after injury or illness.As a previous middle-distance runner (800m:1:51.9) and physician he understands athletes’ frustrations of being injured and the importance of supporting both healthy people and patients in maintaining (or regaining) an active and injury-free lifestyle. He has a special interest in:
- Running sports-related injuries to the foot, lower limb, groin, pelvis and lower back
- Concussion management
- Bone stress injuries and Relative Energy Deficiency Syndrome (RED-S)
- Sports nutrition and nutraceuticals
- Medical imaging and novel treatments of tendinopathies
- Prolotherapy treatment of myofascial trigger points and chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Muscle deconditioning and exercise prescription in chronic illnesses, such as cancer, heart failure & cardiovascular disease, COPD, mitochondrial myopathies and type 2 diabetes.
- Cardiovascular risk assessment, stress-ECG and cardiopulmonary exercise testing
“Offers Sports medicine services and tests, and applying the results of cutting-edge research and scientific insights to athletes with musculoskeletal injuries, those who are intolerant to exercise due to chronic disease ” Dr Stephan Praet, Sports Medicine Consultant
Dr. Stephan Praet is a Dutch Sport and Exercise Physician, who received his medical training at the Vrije University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, following a Master’s Degree in Human Movement Sciences at the same university. He subsequently specialized in Sport and Exercise Medicine at the Netherlands Institute for the Training of Specialist in Sports Medicine in 2004. From 2004 till 2015 he worked as a consultant physician/ specialist doctor in Sport & Exercise Medicine at Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rijndam Rehabilitation Institute, and ZorgSaam Hospitals Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, the Netherlands.
In April 2015 Dr. Praet immigrated to Australia to take up a position as a consultant physician in Sport & Exercise Medicine at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). At the AIS he was responsible for the clinical management of high-performance athlete’s injuries and illnesses. He holds a PhD in Clinical Exercise Physiology from Maastricht University, The Netherlands and he is a Fellow of the European Board of Sports Medicine (FEBSM) as well as the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians (FACSEP). Read more at http://www.drstephanpraet.com.au/