UPANDRUNNING in partnership with Dubai College will host a series of educational sessions covering essential information on dealing with concussions in sport.
Session 1 (18.00-19.00)
Who should attend: Parents and older students, coaches, teachers, managers, marshals, First Aiders
Event program: An informative overview aimed at helping parents and those involved at pitch-side to recognize and manage a suspected concussion injury.
- What is a concussion and what is not
- Baseline Testing why it is necessary, helpful and value for money
- How to contact the correct person
- How to recognize concussion at pitchside or at home if the onset is delayed
Session 2 (19.00-20.00)
Who should attend: Rugby community members (club managers & officials), school nurses and doctors.
Event program: A practical discussion aimed at helping raise awareness and advocacy within clubs and sporting bodies.
- Why is Baseline Testing necessary and helpful in getting players back to the game
- What services are on offer and who to contact
- How to establish a concussion management pathway in your own school/club
- What is the communication pathway? How and why it’s important to have a clear communication amongst all stakeholders eg: medics, first aiders, teachers, coaches, school nurses, parents.
- Why is rehab so important
DR ANNA ZICKERMAN, Sports Medicine Specialist, Medical Director & Founder of UPANDRUNNING
TANIA MAYNE, Physiotherapist, Concussion Service lead at UPANDRUNNING
ANNIE BROWNE, CEO Health and Safety Solutions