UPANDRUNNING is a DCAS (Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services) certified first aid training centre. We offer the full range of courses provided by First Aid International, a UK based company.
The courses are delivered by our experienced instructors who are certified with First Aid International and also with DCAS. All the courses are DCAS approved and certification is valid for three years from the date of the course.
We run regular open courses at our premises for individuals & groups. To sign up for a course and for more details please email KatherineT@upandrunningdubai.com
What does our first aid course cover?
- Introduction to First Aid
- Emergency management Procedure
- The Care Cycle
- Scene Survey
- Exposure protection
- Dealing with a Patient that’s unresponsive and breathing normally (recovery position)
- Dealing with a Patient that’s unresponsive & non-breathing, CPR theory and practice.
- Alternative Ventilation procedures
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) theory and practice
- Chain of survival
- Choking, theory and student practice.
- Control of Bleeding, Student practice with dressings, slings and bandages.
- Management of Shock
- Patient Survey, patient responsive.
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Heat exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Burns and Scalds
- Eye injuries
- Minor Injuries
- First Aid Kit Contents, maintenance and responsibility
- Rules and Regulations regarding the Administration of First Aid
Taking a first aid course run by a highly qualified medical professional will not only teach you life-saving skills, but it will also give you the confidence you need to act appropriately when the need accident arises.