Therapeutic Yoga at UPANDRUNNING is designed to combine yoga and rehabilitation techniques to bring the body into better balance. Whether you are recovering from an injury, struggling to manage the effects of arthritis, or simply wanting to prevent future limitations, yoga can help restore balance, increase vitality and optimise a state of physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
Our therapeutic yoga class is the perfect opportunity for you to stop and listen to your body. The classes are customised to provide more attention to posture, alignment, breathe and stability, with the use of props and hands-on facilitation to provide longer lasting effects.
Therapeutic Yoga is also available for those who want direct attention to specific rehabilitation needs, where a thorough combined physiotherapy and yoga assessment can kick-start a healthier, happier you.
Some of the conditions that yoga can help improve include:
- Spinal and back rehabilitation: Lower Back & Neck pain, shoulder pain, kyphosis, scoliosis, and posture irregularities.
- Chronic pain: e.g. arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation, high blood pressure, asthma and breathing problems.
- Depression, anxiety, and stress-related syndromes.
- Insomnia and migraine.
- Pregnancy-related conditions and menopause.
UPANDRUNNING’s Physiotherapist Jeelna Ruparelia is a Physiotherapist & certified Yoga Instructor