Dubai, UAE Cycle clinic is a service provided by Cycling specialist physiotherapist Rebecca Monk to assist cyclists to ride pain-free and enhance performance. This service is for cyclists and triathletes of all abilities from the weekend warrior to the competitive endurance athlete. The cycle clinic includes bike fitting services for road & triathlon TT(Time Trial) bikes.
If you are a cyclist or triathlete with existing pain, this could not only be attributed to poor biomechanics but also riding posture or incorrect bike setup that is potentially creating an issue. The correct riding position alleviates pain symptoms, and will also enhance performance so the rider produces the best output on the bike.
During a 90 minute consultation you will be provided with a head to toe musculoskeletal screening, visual and digital assessment of your cycling using 2D motion software to record & measure dynamic and static movements on the bike, education on correct riding posture, bike fit adjustments as required along with a personalised programme to improve any flexibility issues or strengthening requirements. At UPANDRUNNING we believe a bike fit is a process and not an event, therefore A follow up from your initial assessment is also offered. The full list of services provided under cycle clinic include:
- Cycling specific examination
- Biomechanical cycling assessment
- Musculoskeletal screening
- Measurements of current bike setup
- Video analysis of your technique, including digital measurements
- Adjustments to bike setup as necessary to optimise position & posture
- Technique advice and correction
- Footwear advise, including footbeds and wedges
- Cleat adjustments
- Saddle selection advice
- Rehabilitation/pain management plan
- Advice on exercises and stretches to assist your performance
Our cycle clinic partners with local bike shops and will refer you to them for any equipment or bike mechanical requirements to enhance your ride.
To make an appointment please Click HERE or call 04 518 5400 and ask for a Cycle clinic initial assessment.
Rebecca Monk can be contacted at RebeccaM@upandrunndingdubai.com for further information.