Dubai, UAE – It may surprise you to learn that 1 in 3 women experience women’s health problems at some point in their lifetime. Many women feel they have to put up with these symptoms, due to embarrassment or simply because they are unaware of the services available to help them.
The women’s health physiotherapy service at UPANDRUNNING integrates all areas of obstetrics (pregnancy) and gynaecology. Your session is completely confidential and individualised to you. Our aim is to diagnose and explain your symptoms with an informative approach, formulate a specific treatment plan, and ensure your full understanding to achieve a successful outcome.
The service is led by our experienced Senior Physiotherapists, Renee Knowles , Neasa Barry, Jade Lucas-Read and Julia Powdrill with specialist training in women’s health. Services offered with our physiotherapists for particular issues are:
- Obstetric patients (antenatal or postnatal)
- Pelvic girdle and spinal pain
- Rectus abdominis diastasis (separation of the tummy muscle)
- Rib pain
- Pelvic floor issues
- Postnatal complaints
- Concerns from instrumental delivery
- Recovery from caesarian delivery
- Perineal tears
- Safe exercise during pregnancy/return to exercise postnatal
- Urogynaecological patients
- Incontinence (urinary/faecal)
- Urgency/frequency/overactive bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain/vulvodynia/vaginismus
- Recovery from perineal trauma post-delivery
- Bowel dysfunction
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Safe return to exercise
- Sports injury and rehabilitation
- Clinical bespoke Pilates – ante and postnatal, performance/return to sport
Post Natal Check
- Were all of your questions answered at your postnatal checkup?
- Are you confident with what exercise you can return to and when?
What does it include?
- Detailed clinical questioning to ensure a thorough understanding of your history
- Relevant objective assessment to test and diagnose any pain you may have
- Assess for preventative measures in order to limit further injury risk
- Assessment of your tummy muscles
- Gynaecological assessment of pelvic floor muscles (if required)
- Education and advice about return to exercise, abdominal strengthening and posture
All appointments for this service are at our Al Wasl Road branch. Initial consultations are 1 hour and please advise that you would like a women’s health initial appointment. Follow ups are generally 45 minutes depending on the clinical presentation.
If you would like to speak in confidence with our women’s health physiotherapy team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org